Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Day in the Life


Returning to work this week has proved to be a little difficult. Not only do I feel an extreme sadness and emptiness by leaving her with my mom all day, my allergies started acting up as soon as I came back. I don’t know if it’s something in the air, or what, but they have been kicking my butt.

Untitled
First day leaving her

I thought it would be cool to map out what a typical workday looks like for me and June.

5:30am- I wake up. Make coffee, get dressed and put on my makeup. I typically do not fix my hair aside from putting it into a ponytail or a top knot.

6:00am-Make June a bottle, wake her up, change her diaper, and feed her. This is all of the cuddles I get until I get home from work.

6:30am-Gather our things and drive to Mesquite.

6:50-7:00am- Arrive at my mom’s (June’s sitter) and drop off June. If time allows, I visit for a bit before heading out the door.

7:15-8:00am- Drive into work. I work in Downtown Dallas so I fight traffic. Keep calm and try not to cuss at people

8:00- 5:00pm- Work, Bitch (see what I did there?)

5-5:30pm- Drive to Mesquite to get my June Bug!

5:45-6:10pm-Drive Home

6:10-8:00- Make dinner for Dave and I. Feed and diaper June. Clean kitchen.

8:00-9pm- Play with June, bathe her. Watch TV. Fall asleep on couch. Wake up.

9-10pm-Feed June and put her down. Take a shower.
10:30-10:45-Make/pack lunch for the next day. Pack June’s bag and get it ready for the next day. Go to bed.

3:30-5:30am- Argue with Dave about who is going to get up when June cries. (Actually, I am only kidding when I say this. Dave has been really good about taking turns caring for June. He’s a great father. )

Rinse and repeat daily.

It’s been a while since I was seriously looking forward for Friday. Now, I can’t wait. I know things could be worse, but I can say that I am anxious for them to get a little easier. Hopefully, this will happen once my allergies let off a bit. I think they are slowly releasing their death grip on me. Thank goodness.

Today really tested me. I was stuck in traffic for over an hour. When I finally got to my mom's to get June, I was so ready to be home. I took her out to the car and ended up locking my keys in it. Luckily, June wasn't in the car yet and my dad was able to break into it without any damage. (Note to self, get a copy made of key).
  
I have to say that I am extremely lucky to have my mother as a caregiver for June. Not only do I trust her completely, but it’s nice to be able to text her, and ask how my girl is doing. She randomly sends me photos/videos too, which really brightens my day. She told me that June has been fussy and she believes it’s because she misses me. I’d be lying if I said this didn’t make me a little happy. I realize that she is having to adjust, just like me and it’s a nice reminder of the bond that we developed while I was on maternity leave.

I can’t wait until she gets a little older and can show me in a more obvious way how much she has missed me during the day. I imagine there is nothing better than a child reaching for you when you come to get them after a long day at work. 

Untitled
She saves all of her smiles for Mama 
Untitled
At least sometimes the drive home is pretty



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly