Tuesday, April 9, 2013

24 weeks (6 MONTHS!)

How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +7
Maternity clothes? A few shirts. I am trying to abstain from buying too many maternity things. Lately, I have been

wearing tons of maxi skirts. They are the best!
Stretch marks? Not yet, I am doing my best to keep it that way. 
Sleep: Sometimes I wake up with leg cramps, but I am sleeping fine. 
Best moment this week: Reaching the 6 month mark!
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Beer... and bars. haha
Movement: Our little Darlin' is a wiggle worm

Food cravings: Taco Bueno Sour Cream Chicken Chilada Platters 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nasty smells
Have you started to show yet: Yes, I have a bump and it's getting bigger
Gender prediction: It's a GIRL!!!! June Avery

Labor Signs: No--My back gives me trouble when I don't wear my brace
Belly Button in or out? In, although it's starting to creep its way out...
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  I almost had a meltdown. I need to calm down.
Weekly Wisdom: Everyone will have something to say.... 

Looking forward to: Finally meeting our little lady
Baby is the size of: A cantaloupe

                  6 Months (24 weeks) 6 Months (24 weeks)

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly