Tuesday, February 12, 2013

16 weeks



How far along? 16 weeks (4 months!!)
Total weight gain/loss: no change
Maternity clothes? I.LOVE.YOGA PANTS. << still a true statement
Stretch marks? No

Sleep: I love sleep.. naps are my favorite 
Best moment this week: hitting 4 months
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Having my body to myself. ha
Movement: I think so!

Food cravings: chocolate milk... chocolate. i have a sweet tooth
Anything making you queasy or sick: not this week 
Have you started to show yet: Yes, I have a bump.
Gender prediction: I think it's a girl, we will know in 4 weeks!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: an I LOVE LUCY episode made me cry. the one where lucy has little ricky.
Weekly Wisdom: i'm not fat, i'm pregnant

Looking forward to: Getting a bigger bump and finding out the gender 
Baby is the size of: an avocado 

DSC_4152
                      
Your baby is now some 10cm long from crown to rump, about the size of an avocado, and weighs about 100g. In the next three weeks she'll go through a tremendous growth spurt, doubling her weight and adding centimetres to her length. 

In or out of the uterus (womb), babies are playful creatures. Yours may already have discovered her first toy, the umbilical cord, which she'll enjoy pulling and grabbing. Sometimes she may even clutch it so tight that less oxygen gets through. She'll let go of the cord before she starts to go without what she needs. 

Your baby's head is more erect than it has been, and her eyes have moved closer to the front of her head. Her circulatory system and urinary tract are in full working order, and she's inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid through her lungs. Your baby is immersed in amniotic fluid, which is protecting her as she grows in the amniotic sac. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly