Thursday, January 3, 2013

oh baby! i'm pregnant!

IMG_9585
our little gummy bear
about a month ago, i got a terrible cold. i was suffering for 3 whole days. i was taking nyquil and having the strangest dreams.... then i realized i missed my period... by a lot. so i took a test on 11/30 before work. i could not believe my eyes. i thought i had peed on it too much! it immediately showed that i was pregnant. i was already in denial! i had to go to volunteer at the food bank that morning, but all i could think about was taking another test. i finally did, at lunch... at the el fenix downtown. i just had to know! of course, it showed up positive... well, it was suggested that i go ahead and take a digital test, just to be sure... so i did, and it came back pregnant too! holy shit! i called my dr's office and made an appointment. i was so excited! dave was excited and nervous. our family and friends are super excited. i couldn't wait to tell the world. we decided to wait until our dr. appointment which was scheduled the 19th of december. meanwhile, i started noticing all of those tell-tell pregnancy symptoms... fatigue, queasiness, etc. although, i've been queasy, i have only gotten sick once. then, came our first appointment. i was nervous that they would find something wrong, which i read was completely normal... well, everything was fine. the baby has a strong heartbeat and i found out i was exactly 8 weeks along! yay!  when you are pregnant, you always want to be further along than you are.
currently, i am 10 weeks and a couple of days. i thought it would be fun to do one of these each week to see what stays the same and what changes... so, here we go!


How far along? 10 weeks, 2 Days
Total weight gain/loss: Lost 5lbs. (probably because I stopped drinking!)
Maternity clothes? Nope
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: I get super sleepy around 3pm and take a nap after work for about an hour. I sleep great at night when Dave is not snoring
Best moment this week: The queasiness has seemed to die down
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? I do miss drinking, but only when everyone around me is drinking. Other than that, I could care less for a beer.
Movement: Not yet—although, I sometimes have these gas bubbles that make me stop in my tracks

Food cravings: pickles, Sour Patch Kids, Pineapple, Mashed potatoes and gravy
Anything making you queasy or sick: cherry tomatoes, basil
Have you started to show yet: A little bump I look like I have a food baby, but this time, it is a real baby!
Gender prediction: No clue!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Weekly Wisdom: I guess I will take my own advice and nap while I can, because once the baby is here, I doubt I will be getting much rest.
Looking forward to: Getting a bigger bump & finding out the gender!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly