Tuesday, January 29, 2013

14 weeks


How far along? 14 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: no change
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but I love wearing my stretchy yoga pants!
Stretch marks? No

Sleep: Sleep is great
Best moment this week: I think I am feeling the baby kick!
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Having my body to myself. ha
Movement: At night, when I am completely still, I think I can feel it.

Food cravings: Street tacos. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: some weird things, especially my prenatals. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes, I have a bump.
Gender prediction: I think it's a girl, we will know in 6 weeks!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, sometimes grouchy. Sorry Dave!
Weekly Wisdom: Learning more patience

Looking forward to: Getting a bigger bump and finding out the gender 
Baby is the size of: lemon

14 weeks                

         


Your baby is now about 6.7cm long from crown to rump and weighs nearly 23g, about the same as half a banana. Tiny fingerprints are now at the tips of her fingers. Your baby has sucking muscles in her cheeks, so when you poke your tummy gently she will feel it and start rooting. It's a rehearsal for the important instinct of searching for your nipple once she's born. 

If you're having a girl, she now has approximately 2 million eggs in her ovaries. She will have only a million by the time she's born. She'll have fewer eggs as she gets older, and by age 17, the number will have dropped to 200,000. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly