Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween 2011


 This is a bit late, but as everyone says, better late than never right? This year, we made our costumes. It's more fun that way. We actually made them the year before too, but anyways..

Dave decided that he wanted to be Bernie from Weekend at Bernie's. He actually pulled it off very well. We went thrifting to find the perfect shirt/jacket combo for his costume. At this point, I still wasn't sure what I wanted to be. Last year, I really wanted to be Alex from A Clockwork Orange. I thought that maybe I could find the stuff at the thrift store, so I started looking. I found everything I needed except the hat. We headed over to the Halloween store and Dave got a fake mustache and I found the derby hat I needed and some fake eyelashes. Our friends were hosting a Halloween party the Friday before, so we went to that one. All of our friends were super creative. Maria went as Peggy Bundy and her date was Al. Kelsy was a trash-man and Andrew was a big bag of trash. (he kept drinking his beers and then putting them into himself.) Toni was a grey scale lady. Austin was a old west gunslinger. Gabe decided he wanted to be a mummy with a boner. He got mad when we all hit it... Tiffany and Tyler were the bearded lady and strongman. We watched the Rangers lose the World Series, which was a drag, but another reason to get inebriated. They will get it next year!

IMG_7222
IMG_7224
IMG_7268
IMG_7225
IMG_7226
IMG_7227
IMG_7228
IMG_7229
IMG_7230
IMG_7231
IMG_7232
IMG_7233
IMG_7234
IMG_7235
    IMG_7202IMG_7220
The next day was my family's Halloween Barn Party. We have never had a Halloween party at the barn and there were no kids allowed. Dave's mom, Niena came. Ashley rode with me. We stopped at Walgreens because I wanted to zombie it up. (we were the only people who dressed up) No worries, it was fun! I think I did a crappy job on Ashley's makeup.. she looks like a sad clown. :(  We had a great time though. We ate drank and played Apples to Apples. Donnie made a delicious  roasted cabbage which consisted of cutting a hole in the bottom of cabbage where the stem is and filling it with cream cheese and jalapenos. Then you put the stem back on, rub olive oil all over the outside and roast it. OMG. it was SOOOO GOOOD. I took the extra one home.
IMG_7243
    IMG_7242IMG_7244
IMG_7261

The day before Halloween (Sunday) Dave and I carved our pumpkins. Luckily, this year, I didn't get a moldy one. :) I really didn't want to do an elaborate carving this year (like I've ever done that) so, I kind of just free handed it. Dave's had a goofy face. On Halloween night, Dave and I painted our faces and sat outside with Muttley (who was also in costume) to hand out candy to the trick-r-treaters. Most of the kids were very polite and dressed up super cute... We got a few teenagers and they weren't even dressed up! We still gave them candy, but I gave them a hard time about not dressing up. I know some people can't afford to, but they could have made themselves hobos or something from things they had around the house. All in all, we had a great Halloween. I love this holiday, it's my favorite!
IMG_7274
IMG_7275
IMG_7284
IMG_7279
IMG_7280
IMG_7282

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly