Monday, April 11, 2011

this weekend was....

busy... friday night, after work, i went to sport's authority to get my mouth guard and some white shirts for derby. i also went to target and got some tights and silly socks. haha. i haven't fitted my mouth guard yet and i don't know why...  on saturday, i had to go exchange my elbow/knee pads (they accidentally sent me two sets of elbow pads). i was on my way when i noticed my tire was sounding funny... sure enough there was a big chunk missing. i went to the tire shop and got another one. then, dave wanted me to bring him an energy drink while he was at work. for some reason, there was tons of traffic! i don't know if there was something going on at the stadium or what, but it was horrific! i finally made it to his job after what seemed like forever in dumb city traffic and gave him his monster. poor guy needed an energy boost! anyways, after that, i headed out to exchange my pads and maybe get a chance to break in my skates. it was close to a 40 minute drive, but it was worth it. i got my pad exchanged, no problem, i returned my wheels and then the sales associate gave me free passes for skating!i was pretty stoked, but, i knew i would be one of the only adults on the rink. OH WELL. i went over to the rink, rented a locker and strapped on my skates. i skated for a good hour and thirty minutes. burned a lot of calories. it seemed like good practice to weave in and out of those kiddos... i drove home feeling great. it was a great workout. i got home and took a well deserved nap. it felt great. i watched some law and order svu on netflix and waited for dave to get home. we had dinner, nothing special, and watched the last episode of the stand (i know, we are dorks) and just chilled. sunday, i got up to the smell of pancakes. dave made us some, and they were delicious! he left shortly after for work. i began cleaning the house. i had so much laundry that had been waiting to be put away that i had to re-dry it to get out all of the wrinkles. i re-arranged our office and i think i will leave it alone now until we move. (i am still so stoked on this). after i was done cleaning, i watched some more law and order. dave came home and we had left overs and we watched the graduate (which neither of us has seen) while i put away the rest of the laundry, and i put some more stuff up on ebay as well. as we were going to bed last night, the sky opened up and let out it's fury. it was so loud. i usually can't sleep through thunderstorms, but i was extra tired and slept well.
friday's lunch
like a boss

IMG_3378
lol a funny convo between dave and i...


IMG_3386
fishnets, knee-high socks, white tank, derby ready!




IMG_3382
that can't be safe to drive on...

IMG_3400
doggy at the tire shop

IMG_3397
pretty sure i need this book, stat.

IMG_3398
ha, the 12 year old in me was super stoked! i did not cash in this offer...

IMG_3402
after exchanging my gear.. and i forgot to wear my wrist guards. muttley and me are ready to take on the toughest of teams!

IMG_3408
yummy weekend sammy

IMG_3412
won't be buying any eyeshadow for a while, i think i have plenty...

IMG_3422
muttley being a goof

IMG_3424
the scary storms that we luckily slept right through...

IMG_3425
and this is what we have to look forward to for the week.. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly